Get a quote, configure a custom stair or ask a question. We're here to help!
Metal Stair Crossover BridgeView All crossover stairs Installations
Two sets of metal stair crossover bridges
Good Fuel Pipe Crossover stairs get your workers to flow control valves safely.
Ground-level Horizontal fuel pipes in Tank Farms and Fuel Depots are everywhere! Go to any Fuel Depot or Tank Farm that has above-ground storage tanks and look at the numerous pipes that run horizontal to the ground. These are formidable obstacles if you need to get to a manual valve. Getting from point A to point B with ease is what a good set of crossover stairs is all about.
All tank farms have manual shutoff and flow valves that must be reached rapidly. Therefore, keeping response routes to important areas clear and safe is very important. Pipes get in the way, but workers must get over them. Sometimes in a hurry.
How to get OSHA compliance using ErectaStep crossover stairs.
Crossover stairs are a flexible and easy to install solution.
ErectaStep makes OSHA compliant crossover steps that keep Tank Farms or Fuel Depots in compliance with OSHA regulation CFR1926,1050-1060.
OSHA states…_”When there is a break in elevation of 19 inches (48 cm) or more and no ramp, runway, embankment or personnel hoist is available, employers must provide a stairway or ladder at all worker points of access.”
OSHA also states…
“In addition, employers must install all stairway and ladder fall protection systems required by these rules and ensure that their worksite meets all requirements of the stairway and ladder rules before employees use stairways or ladders.” See 29 CFR 1926.1050-1060 for the details of the standard._
How to analyze your fuel depot crossover points.
– Look closely at your current crossovers. Check for rust, especially at the weld points.
– Is the yellow paint on handrails and guardrails faint and not as bright yellow as it should be?
– Is there a chain stop gate on the crossover? Sometimes access to tank farm crossovers has been cross chained to control access. YellowGate makes a superior easy to install safety gate that keeps your company in OSHA compliance.
– Are the handrails and guardrails firm to grab or do they wobble or when you pulled on?
– Is any part of the stairway bent or sharp due to breakage?
When it is time to replace a crossover system that is in disrepair or you need to install a new crossover, ErectaStep has the industrial-strength modular solution that installs in hours. Each ErectaStep system is instantly OSHA compliant from the sure-grip stairs to the powder-coated guardrails and handrails. Crossover systems are ready to ship today! Call ErectaStep and keep your fuel depot as safe as it can be.